Aim & Objectives
- Experience an abstract painting process inspired by the observation of Gerhardt RICHTER abstracts works.
- In a broader view to expose, from the point of view of the educational goals and values of the art class: to expose children to different representations of the world, here through Abstract Art. Build lessons from artistic references, art histories from different parts of the world.
- To help build a visual culture that reflects the diversity of the world, and it’s never too early to start
- sensibilization to abstract art through the experience of an abstract painting making inspired by Gerhadt Richter abstracts works.
- question what they see in the video lINOWNESSIT toward abstract painting process of Gergart RICHTER
- to take for themselves the stream lines of the approach fo the artist ( specific tool, slowness, calm attitude.
- to adopt a specific posture inspired by the process of an artist.)
- observ and learn through the experience how mixing colors and creating textures, colors and Abstract …
- to enjoy a process
Process for the Lesson
Possible questions after watching the movie:
Who is this person? What is he doing? What kind of object does he have in his hands? What about the canevas? What colors do you see? Which primary colors are used by the artist? How is attitude? (calm, in a hurry)? Do we always have to be calm when we are making art? Explain why if yes or no… How looks the outcome, the painting?
2.Let\’s experience in small groups (4/5 students) the artistic approach and abstract painting developed by Gerhardt Richter, German painter. For that we built a tool approaching the tool used by Gerhadt Richter. The tool has to be the lenght of the canevas
3. The students will pass successive layers of paint with the scraper effect of the tool will create mixtures and overlays of different colors.
4. Students will make pause, observ how colors are mixing, combining