Artist Inpiration: Salvador Dali
– Develop imaginative and visualization skills
– Understanding surrealism
Details of conducting the activity: Step By Step
• Short introduction on Adab (5-7 minutes)
• Presentation on Salvador Dali (10 minutes)
• Explaining the assignment and brush activity (5 minutes)
• Students will select an object of their choice along with a feeling of their choice from the lists/ pictures provided. They can also choose their own object or feeling. They will then think about how they will express that particular emotion in that object (5 minutes)
• Once that is done, they can start drawing that object to express their feeling and accentuate the expression further by adding colour using water colours. They will use A4 Canson paper. (35 minutes)
• Students have to express the feeling in their object without using any facial features and preferably avoid hands and legs too. They can select their own feelings and objects too.
List of Objects:
2. Brick Wall
5. Candy Cane
13. Gingerbread house
14. Thread/ wool and needle
List of Feelings:
Questions in the end:
• What did you like about creating this art work?
• Do you see something differently depending on your mood?
• What is your favourite medium to colour?